Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Unfiltered


So the doc put me on these meds that evidently has a wide range of side effects. For some, it makes them aggressive, productive and wired. For others, it makes them gain a bunch of weight. So far for me, it makes me unable to focus, absent-minded and super spaced out. And you know that filter you usually have when talking to others. Yeah... mine is gone. Poof. Just like that.
I have no idea what I'm going to say once I open my mouth and for some reason I can't keep it closed. See... here I am blogging about it.
Yesterday, I went shopping in my fuzzy-headed state and, while trying to figure out how not to take out people in the veggie isle with my cart, I ran into some friends of mine. I tried hard string words together into coherent sentences.
"Me, fine. Yeah, shopping. Good! Veggies... healthy."
And while I was struggling to sound like a human being and not a caveman, another friends walks up. And then another.
Of course. Because life is ironic like that.
I shall now not point out how many dozens of other perfectly coherent days I've shopped at the same store and seen no one. Nor shall I digress into a rant about how unfair it is that all my friends converge on Safeway at the exact date and time when I'm out and about in a drug induced stupor. And not one friend but four friends.
*Sigh.*

No comments: